It’s been one of THOSE weeks so tonight I decided to go green and recycle a post from my old blog. Probably not a big deal as I maybe had 5 followers….mostly family no doubt. I chose this one written 2 mo ago because I’m proud to say that I’m getting after everything on my reset list….minus the organized and clean house. When I’m home for any extended period of time I’ll get to it….promise!
I’m going to be frank (yes, I know, not a big surprise). I haven’t been feeling all that great the last couple of weeks. I’m tired, bloated, anxious, negative, and my husband would pry like to add bitchy. This puzzles me as just a few months ago, I’d never felt better. So, in pursuit of my happy place, I thought back to spring and summer when I felt fabulous. From this self-reflection, I deduced that five months ago:
- I was in the best shape of my life. I was pushing my body and mind to do things (like run 13.1 miles) that I’d never before thought possible.
- I was starting up a new and exciting business adventure with Visalus promoting the 90 day challenge.
- I was eating clean and healthy along with my Body by Vi one a day shake and vitamins.
- I was sharing my passions with my BFF’s. I miss our group runs, strategy talks, and basically any excuse for some time away from our lives as moms, wives, chauffeurs, maids, cooks, etc.
- I had a somewhat organized and clean house. I find this ironic because I was spending so much time training and promoting my business; however, I had more energy for household chores. There were NO excuses.
- I was shooting my pistol frequently at various objects. I’m not sure this is related. All I know is that I haven’t shot my pistol in 2 months trying not to scare away the deer. Coincidence? I think not. Shooting shit is great therapy.
- I was spending time with my friends/family doing things that weren’t work or school related. Snowmobiling, Hunting, Barrel Racing, Fishing, Running, etc. My kids aren’t getting the best me right now. Seriously, sometimes after the 20 minute drive to/from school and their constant arguing, I want to play hide and seek and not be found. Don’t judge. All moms feel this way at times…..right?
- I was spending less and saving more. Or maybe I was earning more “fun” tickets through a second income. Either way it felt great!
- I was blogging. While I never quit blogging in my head while driving, running, riding, whenever; I did quit publishing. Blogging is fun. Blogging is also a very vulnerable thing. I am a mom, wife, teacher, etc. While I love small town living and wouldn’t trade it for the world, the pressure is sometimes overwhelming. Being teacher/coach Jamie is sometimes a 24/7 job, and it’s exhausting. I found myself not publishing my blogs in fear of offending some. So, a few things about me. When I’m not teacher Jamie, I curse on occasion (who am I kidding, frequently). I vow to use a “lesser” word, but I may occasionally say something you don’t like. Sorry. I’m also somewhat more liberal (GASP) that many in our area. Take it as you wish. My kids are amazing, and I will brag on them, but I will also never believe them and always question the whole story. I like drinking a beer (or six) with a friend or having a glass of wine before bed. These are just the tip of the iceberg I’m sure, but I’m getting waaaay off track.
That’s right, folks. I’m hitting the RESET button! This isn’t always as easy done as said. To hit the reset button you have to be willing to put it all out there. Change is not an easy task. We have all attempted it over and over in our lives. The amazing thing is that we all have the ability to hit reset and start over or get back on track. Sometimes, happiness is a mindset and luckily, we have the power to write our own story. So, stay tuned, as mine is about to get FABULOUS!
Do you feel the urge to hit the RESET button on life?