No really, since I took up running a year ago, I’ve realized alot about my capabilities, determination, and some things totally unrelated to physical strength.
1. People totally overlook what they are capable of. I used to say that I couldn’t run. Physically just couldn’t do it. Well, I’m stubborn. So, when I saw how much running changed Tara’s life, I knew I had to try it. A year later, I’ve ran a 1/2 marathon and will start training for my second one the end of this month. Do I love it every day. HELL NO!!
2. I have a whole “track” all to myself to explore. It’s a good thing I live in the country with no one driving down our road all the time
3. If something or someone is holding you back. Let it or them go. Like I tell my children…..you don’t have to be friends with everyone, you just need to be polite and respectful. I’ve learned to manage my time and my friendships better with running. It’s grounding and I can go over alot of information with myself on a 30 minute run.
4. Runner’s HAVE to have 15 pair of running shoes. HAVE to. Mess with the feet and there is no more running.
5. I’m a work in progress. While I could go to a gym or weight room for 2 hours and think nothing of it, a 30 minute run sometimes feels like 3 hours.